To ensure that the cabin compartments are not excessively full and for safety, comfort and convenience of everyone on board, please ensure that whatever you bring aboard must comply with SKS Airways restrictions governing size and weight as outlined below.
1. Each passenger is only allowed one piece of hand baggage, which cannot exceed 5kg.
2. Hand baggage in DHC6 Twin Otter aircraft can be stowed beneath the passenger seat.
3. Due to limited space on DHC6 Twin Otter, hand baggage and personal items may be loaded at the back of the aircraft.
4. Hand baggage exceeding the above prescribed weight or the number allowed, must be checked-in.
5. Infants below the age of 2 years are not entitled to any cabin baggage allowance. Children age 2 years and above will be given the same allocation of hand baggage allowances as mentioned above.
6. When travelling with infants or children, your prams, strollers and buggies cannot be brought on board but can be checked-in for free. Any form of child car seats must also be checked-in but will be part of your purchased checked baggage allowance. Refer to Fee Schedule
7. If your hand baggage is overweight, oversized or exceeds the allowed quantity, you will need to check them in at the airport counter. Airport checked baggage fees apply. Refer to Fee Schedule
The table below states the maximum weight of the checked baggage that you can take with you free-of-charge.
*Only applicable to adults accompanying an infant
1. Up to 3 pieces checked baggage is allowed, as long as the total weight is less than the maximum baggage allowance of your cabin class.
2. If baggage exceeds permissible limits, charges will be payable directly upon check-in.
3. Due to the limited cargo space in DHC6 Twin Otter, checked-in item is always transported on a space-available basis and as per the maximum authorised payload.
If you need to carry more, we have a range of checked baggage allowances for you to pre-purchase subject to cargo space availability and maximum authorised payload. Rates for excess baggage will be charged on per kg basis (over and above the permitted free baggage allowance of the cabin class).
Checked baggage fees are lowest during initial flight booking. The fees at the airport are highest, so pre-purchase your checked baggage allowance in advance. Refer to Fee Schedule
Please be advised that live animal or domestic pet are not allowed on all SKS Airways’ flight.
To comply with Global Health and Safety regulations for baggage handlers as well as limited cargo space available on DHC6 Twin Otter aircraft; SKS Airways has imposed a strict ruling to ensure that each single piece of item or baggage that is checked in
DOES NOT exceed 20 kg (44 lbs).
Irrespective of class of travel, any single piece of baggage weighing more than 20 kg (44 lbs) will not be accepted at check-in counters at any station. Passenger will be required to reduce the weight by repacking the baggage into smaller units (up to maximum of 3 pieces) before
they are allowed to be checked-in.
You may declare a value for your checked baggage in excess of the applicable liability limit. If you make such a declaration, you must pay additional charges in accordance with our policies.
SKS Airways will not accept liability for valuables, fragile or perishable articles including money, jewellery, cameras, video and electronics equipment, silverware, negotiable instruments, business documents, samples, antiques, paintings, fur, manuscripts or similar items, computers and medication.
If you have a checked baggage missing, please approach one of our customer service officers immediately. You will need to provide your baggage tag that was given to you at the time of check-in for us to track your baggage. Our customer service assistants will then update you on the status of the mishandled baggage periodically.
If your baggage is damaged, you should immediately approach one of our customer service officers. Details of the damage to your baggage will be recorded and you will be offered immediate assistance, if necessary. Please note that damage to accessories and wear and tear may not be covered by us. We shall not be liable if your bag is damaged as a result of over-packing or unsuitable packaging.
Dangerous goods are items or substances that may endanger the safety of the aircraft or passengers onboard. Please ensure that you do not pack items specified in this list in your cabin baggage or checked baggage.
The following items are prohibited in your baggage whether it is checked-in or not:
In addition to the Dangerous Goods items listed above; you are not allowed to carry the following items into the security area, in your hand luggage and in your checked baggage.
This is non-exhaustive list as other items may be included. We reserve the right to confiscate any item deemed as a threat to the safety of our passengers. Always check with the airport authority before you
fly to ensure you comply by the rules.